Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My ex partner was paying child support thought child support

My ex partner was paying child support thought child support agency, now he's ask the agency if he could pay him direct I told them no and that I wanted more time. Last week I got a letter in the post asking for my consent for my bank details to be forward to my ex partner and now I'm getting phone calls from child support. What can I do to stop this pressure of not given in to what they want?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Can you provide some more information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my kids dad is paying child Maintenance and now he is asking them the child maintenance if he could pay direct to me. I told them no I don't want that but child maintenance is making it out like I have no choice. I have received a form in the post stating I have to sign to give consent for him to have my bank details, I haven't sign it as yet now I'm getting phone calls from child Maintenance to sign to form. I feel pressure and bully into signing this form. What's gonna happen if I don't sign the form?
Direct payments should only be undertaken in child support agency case if both parties agree. Equally where a receiving parent does not trust that the payments will be made by the payer this would be a reason not to allow/agree to direct pay. If you are being pressurised by the CSA in this regard (basically it is less work for them) you should stand firm and ask to speak to a team leader and make it clear your position.Happy to discussPlease rate positively
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
That information helps.
My pleasure - but can you please just rate me positively - thanks