13262538

Clare, how are you? I won my case . Ex came

Customer Question

Hi Clare, how are you? I won my case for ancillary. Ex came to negotiation last minute. He will pay lump sum by 10/9-15.
I have a question three times I did not have contact with my son.
Can I make complaint?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Asma
That is the best of news - I am so glad for you
Which son is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, the final hearing after my evidence the judge wanted to take the matter to fraud team but he gave ex another last chance to negotiate.
My eldest son his 17 his contact was increased In June monthly. Two contact did not go ahead because of the foster carer not taking responsibility that she is suppose to transport him. Third time I drove from bham to contact centre 10 miles both ways. This is unacceptable.
What can I do in this matter. I was worried I thought
You had left!
­čśŐ­čśŐ
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Asma
I have not been well but I hope I am back for good now!
What have Social Services done about rearranging the contact?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare they have rearranged for the 5:9:15 but I am concerned if I go again my will not turn up. The foster carer should be transporting my son but the foster carer is not doing her job.
Asma
That's good to here you are recovering well. The LA have not arranged contact with my eldest daughter I have not seen her since Feb 15.
I want to avoid formal complaint but there is so much I can tolerate.
I am concerned I might have wasted trip again
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If the next contact fails then I am afraid a complaint is the only option
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, is it not right time to make formal complaint?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I would not want it to effect the next contact
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, ok I won't complain. My second son had an appendix operation two years ago I was informed my the Sw, the sw was ok for me to visit my son clearly refused he did not want to see me and his older siblings and his father.
My son even told staff not to tell me how he is doing at hospital. I still wonder why he is still refusing to see me and his older siblings. My son is strong minded. It's the second son who sustained the injuries. The LA Are not supporting my son with his emotional well being!
How can I cope wit all this. Loss of two younger boys not seeing my older daugher and the Middle children. I am at a loss what can I do Clare?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Remind me how old they are?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my eldest son 17 my eldest daughter 13 my second son is 10 yrs coming to 11,my second daugher 9 my third son is 7 years my 4th son is 5yrs
It's the the 10 year old son and 9 year old daugher refuse to me see. I have not these two since they were removed from my care March 13
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are entitled to ask what work is being done to address this refusal and to apply to the court for the contact with your eldest daughter to be enforced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, will I have to pay court fees for more contact?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
Possibly - but you may be eligible for fee remission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, what is fee remission? Also can I raise contact issue with the Middle children who are refusing to have contact?
When will be the right time to apply? It will be 2 years next month care orders been granted!
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When is the next LAC review?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it will be in October 15.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then wait until that has passed - and make sure you attend and raise the issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I will attend all future lac reviews for all of my 4 children. I will raise it then. Shall I raise all the issues at LAC reviews? If ex does not pay the settlement by the 10/9/15 can I take matter back court?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes to both questions!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, do you think ex will pay? He has to pay 50k by 10.9.15?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I think he will pay since he seems to have a rough time in court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I have just heard from social worker ex husband has gone abroad. I am not sure If he has to remarry or get the money from his bank in home in Bangladesh if he does. Not pay by the 10/9/15. He will not be given more time,
His still has two weeks left.
I am suprised his got the money he will pay then on the 10/9/15.
Do you think that might be case?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes he will pay late - just to upset you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, can we enforce order against him?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You will be able to do so eventually
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, he has four weeks to pay I will take matter back to court after 10/9 either ask for transfer of one house or continue with the proceedings. Ex avoided to be cross examined that's why he was desperate to negotiate.
Now his gone abroad we have to wait and see. Does judge have powers to make an order of transfer?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is one option for enforcement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, ex is not scred of court he just thinks he still can get away from all this? Do you think he will get away?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No I think he will fail - as he always has
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, he has two weeks a lot can happen. Judge will not be impressed with ex at all if he carries messing with the court. I'm surprised his still walking his not behind bars for what his done.
I regret giving him four weeks I should have given him 2 weeks. To put him in more pressure.
I regret it now
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No four weeks is good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, he gets to keep the propeties the ones in his brothers name. He keep the MH and property in Bangladesh. He only need to give me £50k. He takin to £37k last year he might be getting the money transferred. Also his brother is deported properly he will get his brother to sign the documents that propeties should be transferred to ex husband.
His got good plan ahead. He will pay I think he won't want to take matter back to court.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then he will pay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, last few days I have been feeling lethargic lack of energy I have no motivation to out. Why is that?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
This is a reaction to everything you have been through - be kind to yourself and rest
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I just feel ex is getting away with everything. His won. I lost my children during the proceedings. I have been through so much for the past 3 years I can't take it anymore.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No you won - he thought he would not have to pay a penny - he does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, that is true. Iv worked so hard my case all the money I had spent on the case also the debt his has put me through. I am never going to forget this very quickly neither he will.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is right - it will take time to recover
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I just want to focus on my wellbeing and try to see if I can get more contact with my four children. Monthly contact has increased with my eldest son.
I wish I could have more contact with my three children.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That sounds like a good plan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I do hope ex pays to be honest Clare I can't trust him at all. I just hope he does not play any more games. Each day I am counting like mad women.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You may have to threaten enforcement but it will happen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, could we make the threaten now or wait until the 10.9.15?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
You have to wait I am afraid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I have requested to solicitor to write to the other party a brief letter saying that we are aware your client has gone abroad we are expecting the settlement payment to be recieved on 10/9/15 by 4pm if we do not receive we will making an application back to court.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You can do that - but you will have to pay for it and there is no reason to send it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, yes there is no problem I am hoping she will not charge me that much. Atleast it will give me peace of mind.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then that is fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I still have PR for my four children my second son had the surgery the hospital did not contact me for consent before they did surgery. LA have also PR can they make decisions without parents?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that the Care Order does give them this power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, that's the reason then. This says it all I have no more rights over my children any more. There is no point in trying for my children.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No you still have rights - it is just at the moment the LA have the right to take decisions without you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, even in LaC parents views are not considered at all. We just feel we have t hear but not contribute. My son does not want me to attend his LAC reviews.
I still think my son is controlling the LA not them by listening to his wishes.
Asma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, if ex husband does not pay on the 10/9. He thinks if he does not to pay and he is abroad the court can not do anything to him.Also he might believe that judge cannot make such orders eg transfer house to me own because the ex's brother he is registered name on those two house.
Can judge make an order of arrest on ex husband if money is not paid if he still abroad?
Could the judge make order without his brothers consent a transfer of the one or two of the houses?
I am getting really worried now
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I understand how frustrating it is but all you can do is be consistent and make it plain that you will not give up on the children
At this stage stop worrying about what will happy with the finances.
If he does not pay then yes the court could possible send him to prison - depending on the reason for the delay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I have debts to pay credit companies defaulting my credit cards. He is getting with all this. I am worried he playing with the law. He is being adviced my his legal representative that he thinks he can get away with not paying. He has no other reason for him to delay. His deliberately does not want to pay. That's his way of financial control. He is doing this with the court. By going abroad he thinks the problem will go. He should have been sent to prison long time ago.
He has been doing all this during the whole proceedings.
He is making everybody's life difficult. More me than any body. His walking away free.
Can court order to him to be arrested from abroad?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
They never pay on time - but they pay in the ned - try and relax about it for now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, how long does he need. It's causing me a lot of distress. Why did he accept 4 weeks? It's all my fault I should have given 2 weeks. His playing mind games making me totally mental. How do I cope with my self in the next week or two?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Asma
Try and put it out of your head
Do things to distract yourself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, could do with few days break. Lucky ex he can actually go abroad I can't even do that.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Make your own break - go sightseeing in your area - find out about the history and treat yourself to along bath and a relaxing afternoon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, yes good idea will do. I am planning to go warick castle next week after bank holiday. Might even go black pool too.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
Excellent Idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, life is too short I need to look after myself properly mentally and physically. It's important because after the 10/9 I am might have to take matter to court.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is exactly right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I feel so lonely and depressed in this flat. I want to move back near my family. The landlord of the flat I am living always causing problems he does not rectify it.
My depression is getting worse
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then plan you move as soon as you can Asma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my current landlord's agent is getting annoyed with me all the time. There were issues with hot water and electric switch. He said I have to be more transparent. I did not know there was two switch boards in the flat my landlord was happy to sort it out. The agent was not happy with me. I only have 6 months agreement I will move out I need an agent who is more understanding And bit more helpful not being threatening type.
I don't know why i have to deal with not no helpful people.
He knows my situation still his treating me like a door mat.
What can I do?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It seems that you are dealing with is well - try and remind yourself of that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, Aftr the bank holiday I will look for another property. I will give him notice next month.
I just want to be around positive people it's so hard to find people out there
I just feel very unfortunate that all my life been like this. I just feel very unstable and people think I am mad and unstable. I just want a bit of happiness and peace in my life.
Is that too much to ask?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No it isn't - so fight for it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, what does enforcement mean?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It mean forcing your ex to obey the order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, is it like a deem of service? If he does not comply then what could happen?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No
it is a matter of looking at different ways of obtaining the lump sum for you - it is something your solicitor will discuss with you when the time comes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, if he don't pay then my solicitor will ask for all my court cost against him also if judge agrees and 50 percent of the three properties.
Ex is being a fool.
We just waiting until 10/9/15
Can I request this?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can do so AFTER 10th September
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, so it's may be that he will lose out more than he acutually negotiatied last month at the final hearing. Will his cross examination go ahead?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No that is over and done
The issue now will be getting you the money that the court ordered
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, but myself and ex husband come to an agreement then if he does not adhere to this could I get more than we negotiated?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No - just the costs of enforcement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, we are planning to claim for whole process cost. Because he wasted court time.
We are going to ask for full court costs.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Excellent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, the LA are just waiting for my older son to be 18 then care order expires. His review is next month I think it's very important for me to attend.
I'm just feeling very anxious for next Thursday anxiety is building up.
What could I do to cope with this?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You do need to attend - just focus on what you have achieved and start planning the future
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I am a bit scared about ex's behaviour. My solicitor should have requested to court to order ex not to leave the country and should have kept his passport not allow him to leave the country until he pays the agreed amount.
The enforcement will not be in force if he is not in the country?
He has scarpered and he won't be found.
Could the judge order power of arrest?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The Court would not have made such an order I am afraid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, if he is not be found all he does not adhere to the court order of last month could matter go to criminal case or not?
What consequence will he face? Maybe nothing
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No it will not be a criminal case
However the Civil Courts can still send him to prison if he is in the Uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, if he is not in UK the court cannot do anything?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
no but they can look at what assets there are.Please try and not stress about this now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, not long to wait now. I am asking will be in trouble by not adhering the order? We raised that he has assets back abroad. Main things is he going be gulity contempt of court?
It's worrying me I don't know what will happen I'm on edge don't know what's going to come next?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
he will be guilty of contempt of court - he will pay late - do try and relax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, how much late will it be you think? If his not back in UK?
I need the funds to pay my all debts
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There is no way of knowing I am afraid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, what does it mean by if someone is contempt of court?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It mean that they have disobeyed the order of the court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, what likely can happen if they are gulity of this?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is up to the court who will decide what is appropriate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, if my solicitor does not receive the funds does she apply back she also requires a benefit letter from myself in order to apply.
Is there a fee occur? Will ex husband be noticed to be called at the hearing?
How many weeks will this take?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is a fee so get the letter ready.
It should not take long to get the matter back to court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I will scan and email the benefit letter to my solicitor tomorrow morning. The way it looks to me it is highly unlikely he will pay. If he is still out the country we won't know when the hearing take place. I will have to pay barrister. But we are hoping judge will consider all this and maybe award me a bit more.
What do you think?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HII do expect you to get costsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, for the next hearing or the whole proceedings?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
For the enforcement only
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, do you think he will pay on the 10th?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I would be very surprised if he did - I suspect he will drag it out another three weeks or so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,he won't have anymore chances my solicitor will request for everything his had many chances. I will make sure he goes prison
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is why i think it will be limited to three weeks or so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, three weeks for the hearing?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No the delay in his paying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, will the judge give him 3 weeks? Why should he be given more time? His time is over the deadline is 10/9.
Three weeks more that's was not the agreement it was for weeks from 11/8/2015.
Why he take three more weeks do you think?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No
I think your ex will delay for about three weeks and then pay before the court takes any action
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, can't the court action straight away? I think ex knew another three weeks will be available to him. My solicitor will have to apply for enforcement but it will cost me. That's why I have to do this ASAP. His solicitor has not responded. Doesn't ex husband more cost will go against him? Like the enforcement?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You know how long it takes the Court to take action - but yes it will cost him extra
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, what should I do in regards ***** ***** debts I am getting defaults. Calls and letters?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I suggest that you seek debt advise from your local CAB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, can I take matter back to court without barrister?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing to take back to court at the moment - you simply have to wait until after tomorrow and then your solicitor will send the applictaion off
there will be no need for a barrister at the hearing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, thank you so much that's a relief to know. I simply can't afford any more legal costs. Just maybe the solicitor cost to attend.
It will be very I interesting what happens in few days
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I hope all goes well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my solicitor says I have to pay for barrister to attend. I said to her I can't afford it. The way ex is makin me suffer I will report him to benefit fraud and immigration. His getting away with all this
I can't take all this anymore
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Try and wait until there is a hearing date before you panic - there may be no need to do so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I am going to wait until 10/9/15 this week if no response then I will report all the department. It's gone long enough I can't take all this. I know him very well Clare he will not comply at all.
The quicker I do it the better. It will give me peace of mind that I have reported the fraud. I can still carry on with case. 3 weeks is very long time for me. I know he won't pay he has scarpered leaving me to pick up the pieces he has luxery life back home
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do nothing until you have your money - which will happen eventually
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, if the enforcement is unsucessful then what might happen? What might happen to the two houses do you think?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It will happen - it is simply a matter of how it is done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I simply can't afford paying legal fees. Can judge decide without me attending the hearing? I just unable to afford.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Asma
Calm down. You are way ahead of yourself.
remember how far you have come and not the small distance you still need to travel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I have taken my medications. I have calmed down a bit. Just hanging in thier just few days more. I have control of what to do next. His the loser in this not me. He don't pay it will go in my favour if he doesn't still judge will see who the truthful party is. Truth will prevail.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
well done!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I will be starting introduction to CBT course in the next few weeks. Also the freedom programme Womens Aid work shop starts on 22/9/15. I will be making more changes.
It will keep my mind of things.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is more good news
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my solicitor recieved a call from the other side solicitor confirmed that ex is abroad he is trying to sell sumtnin there to give my money. I said to my solicitor if I don't get my full payment by the 10/9/15 I will take matter Back to court. Ask for more money and costs
His solicitor said ex will call him by today from Bangladesh. He has no intention to pay on the 10th delay but I will
Ask for more now or he sits for crossexamination.
No more chances
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There is no question of you getting more - or of his being cross examined.
The only question is how you will be paid.
If he is trying to sell an asset then ask for full details - you may prefer to have the asset instead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, the asset is money in savings account or he has a house in Bangladesh. But he has not disclosed what his trying to sell.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then that is what you ask next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, what do I ask for?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You ask where the funds are coming from - what asset is being sold
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, the judge jeans given me until 28thOctober 15. If any issues to bring matter back to court. She is preparing for the application to continue with the cross examination and also ask for more and cost for further hearings.
The original negotiation will not longer be active. She is going to propose for more or we continue with the hearing we had left from last months FH.
She will make sure ex does not get anymore chances. If they wanted an extension they could have Applied a week early not two days before the dead line.
Yes she will raise the assets his got abroad judge will that into consideration.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Wow - you did not tell me that - that is excellent news!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I am so sorry I thought I told you all this. Yes she is preparing with the application after Thursday. We will take it from there.
We know now ex will not pay by the 10/9. Ex has made it all difficult for him.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Asma
No I didnt know any of that - well done you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, thank you. We have to satisfy the judge the games that ex husband has been playing for the past a year and. Half he is still being difficult and lookin for excuses not to pay.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That will not be hard to prove!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, the judge will be really annoyed with ex husband I am sure of this. He might continue with case or decide what I should get.
Ex is all loser in all this. He won't come back any time soon
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That will not impress her either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the judge is a male judge. I give him credit he was really sympathetic he could have easily take the houses to the fraud department. But he gave us chance to negotiate but as usual ex failed.
I will speak to my solicitor tomorrow prepare the next step. She has been understanding towards me with whole process.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it was a typing errorAnd you are dealing with all of this very well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, it's ok I really don't know how I am coping with all this. It's my inner strength and my patience making me like this. Nobody else would be able to cope all what I have go through.
It will end very soon judge won't waste any more court time
Asma