ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

There, I have two children from the same previous relationship

Customer Question

hi there,
I have two children from the same previous relationship and one has decided to reside with me full time. According to the CSA I still need to pay maintenance for the child residing with the mother – is that correct?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.
It is correct that you will still have to pay maintenance for the sibling still living with their mum - as you will still be considered as the Non Resident Parent for that child.
As you are now the Resident Parent for one of your children you could make a claim against the Mother for Maintenance for the child living with you.
As the Child Maintenance Calculation is based on the Non Resident Parents income the amounts you pay could be different. Both sides will get a reduction for having a child in your respective care.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. Positive feedback is gratefully received.
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer.