13262538

Pre neptual agreement. How it works in Uk. The liability

Pre neptual agreement. How it works in Uk.
The liability of a woman after marriage in regards ***** ***** previous debts.
Can she abides herself of man' s previous debts regards ***** ***** and other debts. How a woman can safeguard to be in relationship
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain a little more about your position and what you wish to know please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am widow and intending to go for another relationship. As I am unaware how to safeguard my savings and other assets, want to know is there any way to built safety net. I am 46 year of age so wants to make my future safe financially.

Thanking you

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me a very very rough guide of how much is involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As this is not secured site I am bit worried. Cant we have secured site please so it is protected.

home where I live and small savings

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Knowing that you own the house is enough thank you!
Whilst a Pre-nuptial agreement does not actually bind the divorce court it is likely that the court will follow it in such a situation - where there are substantial pre-existing assets and it is a second marriage.
The agreement needs to be signed more than 28 days prior to the wedding; after both parties have been legally advised and there has been full financial disclosure.
You cannot be held responsible for any debts that he takes on in his sole name before or after the marriage - but if you transfer the matrimonial home into joint names then his creditors will have a claim on it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please explain the meaning of 'does not bind the divorce court'. And you did not mention if it works on occasion of death of either.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please explain more precisely as to is it good do it or will it not safeguard me

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The only point of a Pre-Nuptial Agreement is to protect you in the event of a Divorce - and the Divorce Court has the power to ignore a pre-nuptial agreement if they feel it is not an appropriate way to share the assets.
Whilst it may be helpful if he challenged the Will again it is not a matter of certainty