ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I need assistance with getting Visitation rights to my Children...

I need assistance with getting Visitation rights to my Children... I do not have PR
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
Thank you for your question. I am a family Solicitor and can help you.
I am sorry to hear that you are being denied a relationship with your children.
It is a child's right to be able to spend time with both of their parents unless there are child protection concerns which mean that it would not be safe to do so.
If you are being denied the opportunity of spending time with your children, then you should follow this process:
Before an application can be made to court, matters first have to be referred to mediation. If you do not do this the court will likely reject your application. You can self refer to mediation through an organisation such as National Family Mediation www.nfm.org.uk
If you can't resolve matters at mediation then you need to complete Form C100 and send them to your local court seeking a child arrangement order to spend time with your children. The court fee is £215.
If you don't have parental responsibility (not named on the birth certificate or married to the children's mother when they were born) - then you will also have to ask for permission to apply to the court. If this applies to you - you should also ask the court for a parental responsibility order as well as a child arrangement order.
The court has a fee remission scheme. You should complete form Ex160 and send it to the court with your application to see if you are eligible for a fee remission/ reduction.
It is best to start dealing with matters now. The longer matters are left - the harder it will be to re-establish a relationship with your children quickly.
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. Positive feedback is gratefully received. Please note we don't receive any credit for our work unless positive feedback is received.