Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My ex husband and I are jointly named on a mortgage. I have

Customer Question

My ex husband and I are jointly named on a mortgage. I have retained the property and have been paying the mortgage alone for 2 years. We have financial agreement - we attended mediation and have an MOU. I need to remove my ex from the mortgage now as I want to change mortgage before the rates rise. He has agreed to have a solicitors letter produced as long as I pay. Can we get this done online? Can you recommend anyone and likely cost please?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
It is a straight forward process. Any solicitor would normally want to see him in person (they would need at the very least to confirm his identity etc) , but that in itself would not take very long. I attach herewith the Law Society's list of solicitors - you should be able to find a conveyancing within your locale - the cost should be between £100-200 pounds plus VAT. http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.ukHappy to discuss -please rate positively thanks
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiMy colleague has given you sound advice regarding the Conveyancing - however if you intend to remain with the same Mortgage Company and simply release him form the current mortgage then they will deal with the paperwork for you.So far as the MOU is concerned this should be turned into a Consent Order and sealed by the Court if you wish to ensure that you are protected