13262538

There My ex and I are divorced. we agreed a financial

Customer Question

Hi there
My ex and I are divorced. we agreed a financial settlement (which I paid at the time) between us but this was never ratified by a Court. She has now remarried and has a new family.
Does she still have any financial claim over me? I know that I still have to pay maintenance for our two children from the marriage.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you maintaining the arrangement you had?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ClareYes I have. Basically, she agreed to a lump sum, which I paid, and then maintenance for the children through to the end of education which I have provided. We jointly share custodial care for the kids. Just by way of background, my ex is happy with the situation, and has not suggested she wants to re approach the subject but my new partner is nervous that there might be recourse further down the line.Thank you.
Then you have no cause for concern
Since she has remarried your ex has no further claim on your assets - unless they are still held in joint names with her of course.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details