13262538

My ex has gone to the csa support witch i dont have

Customer Question

my ex has gone to the csa for child support witch i dont have a problem with supporting my children but the amount is something i just cant afford so i would have to give up my flat and move back home with her! the house is still in my name aswell so legally i can still live there! what would she have to do to make me leave legally!
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. She would need to apply to the court if there are grounds for an occupation order.An occupation order is an order issued by the court which sets out who has the right to stay, return or be excluded from a family home. An occupation order doesn't change the financial shares in a home where that applied. It is usually a short-term measure and the length of time that it lasts will depend on your circumstances. In many cases an order will last for 6 or 12 months and some can be renewed.An order can only be made for a property where you both live, did live, or intended to live in as the family home. Happy to discuss. Please rate positively.
Were you married and how old are the children?
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much do you earn and how much is the CMS assessment?