Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Good morning, I let my boyfriend borrow £90K from me (he was

Customer Question

Good morning, I let my boyfriend borrow £90K from me (he was tricking me and putting a lot of psychological pressure on me) and now after months I still don't have my money back. I asked him so many times but I couldn't sort this situation out. I am also 6 months pregnant of him and he will leave UK soon, so I need my money before he goes away. Please can you tell me if there is anything I can do?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Does he have a correspondence address in the UK? Does he have any assets e.g a car or house? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He has a UK address and he owns cars and a business

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Would you be prepared to sue him for the money before he leaves the UK? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess I have no choice... I know he invested my money in a car that he shipped in Dubai and that the car is there waiting to be sold. If I am not wrong this car has a value of £168K. He also has a racing car here in London and the name of his company is MD Performance (based in Gloucester). All I want right now is to get my money back as I am not happy for my baby to pay for my mistakes. What happen if he says that he has no money to pay me back? Who will be charged for the solicitor's fees?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. If you sue him, you will be able to recover your solicitors fees in reason. If he has no money then potentially you can obtain a Judgment in Court and then use the Judgment to enforce payment against his assets, i.e his cars and business. As this is for a fixed amount of less than £100k, you can commence the claim online https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcomeYou need his home address and evidence you gave him the Money. Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are the bank statements good enough as an evidence that I gave him the money? I can get those and I have some messages we exchanged on Facebook.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Bank statements and any messages are fine as evidence of the debt. You need to show the money was paid. Kind regards AJ
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist you any further, otherwise any feedback is gratefully received. Kind regards AJ