13262538

My ex husbad and I have been separated 18 months.

My ex husbad and I have been separated for over 18 months. He has filed for divorce and i have signed the papers. The house is being sold so that should sort out financial issues. We have 2 children who live with me as he moved out of the family home. At the moment he seems them 5 times a week and phones them during the 2 days that he does not see them. I would like to restrict his access to once per week and every other weekend. What rights do I have to do this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** i shall do my best to help youHow old are the children and how much time does he spend with them each time?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They are 5 and 7. He sees them on a Tuesday, wednesday & Friday for about 2 hours after school. He then sees them usually 1 weekend night per week and a morning or afternoon at the weekend.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that neither parent has the write to dictate the time that the children spend with the other parent.This is something that has to be agreed between you using Family mediationwww.familymediationhelpline.co.ukIf no agreement can be reached then an application has to be made for the Court to decide the matter.It is certainly understandable that daily contact is very disrupting and is not something that can continue indefinitely and alternate weekends friday to sunday and one night in the week is not unreasonable - although two evenings a week is also possible.You may find this website helpfulhttp://theparentconnection.org.uk/I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare