13262538

Iv been married years now and things are not working

Customer Question

Hi iv been married for 5 years now and things are not working between me and my husband his boys moved in with us 7 months now and i have a daughter who lives with us now the house is not in my name ....... do i have any righths ..... boys are 12 and 13 years old my daughter 21 pls help xx
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you have a specific question?
How long have you actually lived together, how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
6years lived together morage owed is 140,000 the house is worth 220,000 my in come is cash 300 00 a week 600.00 aweek my husband brings home just i dont have my name on the morage i looked after the boys he dont do it with out me he goes to work and home i look after my step sons x my work is cash inhand xx
What capital did you bring to the marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I give him 2,000 in his account thats all
Where were you living prior to your marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hope u are no charhing me £26.00 each time 6 get backbto me no askers yet i lived on my own house rented then i moved in with andy about 6 months after into the house were in now so i moved in to his home got married a year later need a asker pls xx
Please do not worry - your one payment covers all the exchange to ensure I have all necessary informationWould the boys stay with their father if you left?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank u yes i would think so x
HiYours is a short to medium length relationship and that means that you do have a financial claim on the Matrimonial home.However the fact that he has the children living with him and that you brought little capital to the relationship does limitthat claim.Realistically you would do well to get 30% of the equity - anything over 20% would be worth accepting,- especially if he is paying it immediately.I woudl suggest that you try and discuss matters with him using Family Mediationwww.familymediationhelpline.co.ukI am not sure if this covers all that you need to know - so please ask if you need more detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank u x
You are most welcome I hope all goes well
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can he kick me out of the house
No so long as you are married you have the right to live in the property
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank u so much x
You are welcome