ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I have a case management conference coming up on24 September.

Customer Question

I have a case management conference coming up on24 September. I am thinking of getting a solicitor to help with my contested divorce trial stage now. i have to get a barrister too. Will my solicitor find me a suitable barrister? If he does, can I meet with the barristerandwork through the case with him?
Also, may I ask the court for a supina to compel 2 people for cross examination as they are the route cause of the divorce due their cruel abuse incidents?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I note that you are seeking to obtain legal representation for a CMC in respect of a contested divorce.
If you choose to instruct a solicitor - then a Solicitor will be able to arrange a barrister for you and also a conference with your barrister for you in advance of the hearing.
You could choose to deal with a barrister directly if you wanted as barristers can now be obtained 'direct access'.
http://www.directaccessportal.co.uk
In relation to witness summons - you should discuss with your legal representation what evidence you think the witnesses would give and how it would assist your case. Whilst I note that you consider that such witnesses were the route cause of your divorce - it may be that if they are 'not on your side' that their evidence will simply not support your case. If your legal representatives considers that their is merit to calling the witnesses then they can argue to the Judge at the CMC that the witnesses are necessary and that their attendance should be ordered.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please remember to rate positively.