Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I bought my mothers house in 1993 and now my sisters think they are en

I bought my mothers house in 1993 and now my sisters think they are entitled to a share
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THE HOUSE WAS BOUGHT IN GOOD FAITH WITH MY SISTERS BLESSINGS BUT MY MUM DIED WITHIN A YEAR AND THE
MONEY I GIVE FOR THE HOUSE WAS STILL IN THE BANK AND SPLIT EVENLY BETWEEN US.BUT NOW THE PROPERTY IS WORTH A LOT MORE THAN I PAID FOR IT THEY SEEM TO THINK THAT THEY ARE ENTITLED TO MORE. FOUR YEARS AGO
I PUT THE HOUSE IN JOINT OWNERSHIP WITH MY WIFE OF 24 YEARS.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SINCE I BOUGHT THE HOUSE I HAVE HAD CONSIDERABLE WORK COMPLETED THE ENTIRE HOUSE IS IN DIFFERENT
STATUS PAID FOR BUY MY WIFE AND MY SELF.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'V BEEN WAITING FOR A REPLY FOR OVER THREE HOURS
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. I was looking at your mantra rive and wondering if you were going to give any more information as to why your sisters thought they were entitled to a share of the house. As I understand it, you paid for the house and your sisters actually got money from your mum's estate being the money you paid for the house.
They are entitled to nothing more. You were good enough to to buy the house to ensure your mum's security towards the end of her life. In doing so you secured an investment for yourself which you are entitled to. Your sisters are entitled to nothing more.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you so much you have eased my mind so much i will talk again with you later today
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any way my sisters could block us selling our house? We heard that it could be done through the Land Registry
in Durham and take us to court.
I,M GOING TO WORK NOW SO IT MIGHT BE LATE TONIGHT BEFORE I REPLY
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
They could ask the court to stop a sale pending them litigating. However, as advised I don't see that they have any case for the reasons I have already mentioned.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you again you have eased our minds, Just one last question is there any reason why we cannot sell
our house without problems.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No, there isn't any reason.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you once again you have been of great service.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
why have you taken money from my bank i only wanted one question answered i paid my money with a tip and now you areconning me i want that money put back in my account now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
why are you taking so long in replying, it did not take that long to take my money of me. My bank account because of you
will be closed soonest.Just put that 34 pound back into my account.