13262538

Ihave recently a relationship where we lived as man and wife

Ihave recently a relationship where we lived as man and wife since September 2013 until April 2015. Am entitled to any of her assets monetary and houses of which she owns two, one of which was bought during the relationship.
What financial contribution did you make to the relationship
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Payed half the household bills and at least £3500 in maintenance costs painting and decorating both properties
Exactly what was the £3500 used for?Did you complete any structural improvements on the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Repairing walls and doors.Taking time out from work for 6 weeks to complete those tasks.Regards Andy
I am sorry but for clarity - were these more ongoing repairs or actually alterations and improvements
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
repairs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The bedroom was so old and walls so badly pitted they required filling in with plaster .The doors were falling apart replaced old timber. The landing walls were the same as bedroom skirting boards were taken rubbed down to bare wood after at least 50 years of old paint.These were improvements because it enhanced the value of the property.
Were you ever promised a share of the properties?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No but thought that all the work would have contributed to better living conditions and enhanced the value..After all my work had been completed she installed someone else in my place.
Whilst I appreciate that the work done has increased the saleability of the house you would struggle to argue that they were such that theyincrease the underlying value of the propertyCase law has made it clear that decoration is NOT sufficient to entitle you to a share of the equitable valueOf course you can try and negotiate a settlement with her - but being realistic you are only entitled to a relatively small sum, although this may meanthat your ex will be willing to pay you that just to save the hassleI am sorry that I cannot give you better news - please ask if you need further detailsClare