13262538

I pay my ex-wife money daughter who has spent part of

Customer Question

I pay my ex-wife money for my daughter who has spent part of the week at her house under a consent order for the last 11 years. My daughter (17) is now living with me seven days per week and has been for the past 6 months. Do I have to continue paying my ex-wife?
The consent order says "payment to include tertiary education to the end of a first degree. Can I pay the money directly to my daughter if she lives away at University or do I have to pay to my wife?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youDo you wish to claim maintenance from your ex?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I don't wish to claim maintenance from my ex.
Since the child no longer lives with your ex you no longer have to pay child maintenance to her.If your ex will not accept that you will have to apply to the Court for a variation of the order dismissing the claimthe court will grant this without any difficulty.Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Clare, can I assume then that should my child go to university the maintenance can be paid directly to her and would I need to apply to the court for a variation of the order so to do?
No need - the order would be dismissed in full - you no longer need to pay anything- just continue to care for your daughter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Most helpful. Thank you again.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well