13262538

My partner and I want to get Married but he has a house with

My partner and I want to get Married but he has a house with a lot of equity and in the future a large inheritance.  Would a pre nup stand up in court now or is there any way to make sure that if we did divorce he could be assured I wouldn't be entitled to half and his assets now would be protected

HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youHow old are you both?How much is the equity in the property?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm 41 and he is 40. He had the property before we got together and probably about 150 k. I'm not interested in any of it should the relationship break down. I need an assurance for him that his money is safe

Just to check - are any children planned?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No lol he has one with an ex and I have two

Hiprovided it is done properly which means1. You both have separate legal advice2. It is signed not less than 28 days prior to the wedding3. There is full financial disclosureand the provisions are reasonable then it is likely that the Family Court would respect the agreement and abide by itI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there anyway else of doing it other than a pre nup?

Not that will protect him in the same way I am afraid
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No that's fine as long as it will stand up in court that's great. When uou say separate legal advice could we after seeking separate solicitors just get one yo do the paperwork

Sorry - yes that is fine - one acting for your partner drafts it and then you trot off to a separate solicitor to be advised on what it means!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for all the questions lol do you know roughly what it will cost?

Get some quotes - but somewhere between £200 and £300
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ah thank you clare. Hopefully this will get him into gear. Many thanks for your help

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well