13262538

Separated two years, living separately with new partners,

separated for over two years, living separately with new partners, both of us. Not started divorce yet. If I enter into a new mortgage via remortgaging with my new partner, he is paying all costs and I am investing nothing, can my ex claim against this house as a marital asset?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youWhen the finances are looked at within the Divorce proceedings all assets you each hold will be taken into account - so yes technically your new property could be at riskHowever the level of contribution will be looked at so the risk will be reducedI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All payments for the property come out of my bank account, at no time are any payments made from her bank account to support the property. So I assume in this case her ex will have no claim whatsoever as she has no "investment" in the property?

It is highly unlikely that he will have a claim - but it is an asset that the court will consider when assessing what her needs are