Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have a court order in place, my daughter lives with myself

I have a court order in place, my daughter lives with myself and her father has overnight contact every Thursday and alternative weekends, there is also a 50/50 split on the school holidays.
the recent school holidays my daughter went to stay with her dad as set out in the court order, the problem is she has told me that Daddy and his girlfriend went on holiday to Egypt and left her with another lady whom I do not know and is not a relative to him. where do I stand with stopping contact as this is not the first time he has had her at his girlfriends but has not been there to have his overnight contact. he has also sent random people to collect her from school saying they were his relatives when they are not.
he has also kept her when it is not his time with her and refused to give her back to me.
what can I do - she is only 5
kind regards
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I think that rather than just stopping contact (whereupon you would be in breach) you should make an application to the court on form C100 to vary the order - either to reduce the contact or seek orders that the child will not be left other than in the father's care save for emergencies. Happy to discuss. Please remember to rate positively - thanks
I hope that this helps - please now rate positive - thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to give you some practical assistance
When was the last Court Order made and have you dealt with the school issue?
I am sorry my colleague did not appreciate that I was assisting you in this matter. Have you given any though about your options?
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience