13262538

Claire, The court order is till 4 every Saturday

Hi Claire,
The court order is for 10 till 4 every Saturday but what are the procedures when taking holidays. Surely the courts would allow flexibility as throughout the whole year while my ex has missed 6 contacts to date. I have missed none but will need to miss one in October as going on holiday. Please advise.
( this answer is for Clare and no other expert)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThe Court does understand that holidays will happenSo you shoudl give notice in advance of the date that will be missed - and offer an alternative date within school holidays as appropriate.Your ex will no doubt make threats - but the Court will see your behaviour as reasonableClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It would be difficult for me to allow a day in the holiday as my daughter has her extra holiday classes for sports and tuition plus I live 40 miles from where the contact lives. Can I offer every Saturday 30 mins early handover so 930 til 10 and that can compensate towards the missed Saturdays. So in a year that will give us opportunity to miss 4 Saturdays and I can be fair and allow him 2 and me 2 although he has missed 6 todate

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiI appreciate that it will not be easy - but if you extend the time on a Saturday then I am afraid that you are simple setting your self up for a position wherethe extended hours become routine and he will try and extend the Order again.Making the effort to give an extra day before or after a holiday does not run that riskClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I can't make it any other day due to other commitments will I get in trouble. It is only 1 Saturday from the whole year.I will compensate it with a telephone call

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is not realistic to say that there is no date within the school holidays that you cannot make.If you wish to continue to be seen as being reasonable then you need to find a day that you can offer