13262538

Clare, I asked a question this morning about what appears to

Customer Question

Clare, I asked a question this morning about what appears to be an impending separation. below is my original question coupled with your response and my response to your questions, i thought i had pressed the reply button, but it appears i probably hadn't
Regards ***** ***** After 24 years of marriage, my wife has had an affair starting in a platonic sense shortly before Christmas last year turning to an intimate relationship sneaking around until being confronted and admitting to the affair in May. She is
not really willing to make a go of things to a point where we can rekindle the flames of desire, and we have talked of separation / divorce! we have 3 children the eldest is 22, a daughter of 20 (away now at University for 3 years) and a 16 year old who has
just started college. I have a good job and principally cover all the costs of running the home and paying all the bills. My wife has a job as a Learning Support Assistance in a local junior school and her salary isn't great, she earns less than £1000 per
month. Her money has never been brought directly into the financial pot, but she has covered costs of mobile phones for the Children and various other misc bills that have come up over the years. If we divorce what would she be entitled to? I have had the
house valued and through mortgage advice am able to remortgage the house to the extent that i could offer her 50% of the valuation without considering deducting our existing outstanding mortgage. Hi Thank you for your question My name is ***** ***** I shall
do my best to help you How much is the equity and what other assets are there? Who will the youngest child live with and what income do you each have? Clare Hi Clare, from the market valuation the property is worth approx £330k - £350k depending if it was
sold for the full asking price. the outstanding mortgage is £30k therefore the equity is approx £300 - £320k? We haven't yet made that final step to decide if this is the end but it looks more than likely. I have no saving except for a few hundred pounds in
a single account, at this point i'm not aware of the assets my wife has. As i have been in a position to basically run the house and bills etc through my income, her salary has been regarded as hers to do with as she pleases, but she does contribute to paying
some bills etc. Apart from general fixtures and fittings we have no other assests, apart from my pension. Salary wise, i earn £55000 including a £5k permanent car allowance. my wife earns around £13k
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I will deal with this on the original thread if that is ok
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I cannot seem to find the other thread my apologies
What pension provision do you each have?