13262538

How long does it usually take to get a child arrangement

Customer Question

HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.What is the nature of the dispute involved?Clare
I have read your previous questions so I am aware of the position.For clarity does your ex object to the trip?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My husband and I are separated I wish to take my daughter to Kenya for 28 days I don't have a residency order and my ex will not write a letter of consent can I still take her away?

Has he actively objected to the trip?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

as he feels she would be in danger im going as a volunteer for a charitable organization I don't understand his problem we will be staying with a host family and cared for! What would happen if for instance I took her with her birth certificate and my marriage certificate?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Which part of Kenya are you going to?Has your ex threatened to take Court action to prevent the trip
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mombasa and no hadn't threatened any court action

Technically unless your ex actually obtains an Order preventing you from removing the child from the Uk then you are not likely to bestopped at the airport.However if you do not wish to take the risk - and your ex could make an applictaion at the last minute - then you will need to make the applictaionto the court and ask for an Urgent hearingThe court will require some independent evidence that you will be safeClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank so much for your advice when you say independent evidence of our safety who must this come from the host family or the organization im going with?

The organisation - and the British embassy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So I contact the British embassy and ask what questions?

Just ask if there is any reason why you should not take the child to Kenya on this visit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Should I ask them to put this in writing as evidence if that feel my child will be safe?

It would be helpful if you could achieve that by sending an email with your question!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you mean to ask something else?