13262538

My daughter is 12 years old. She is living with her mum, I

My daughter is 12 years old. She is living with her mum, I am living separately. I see my daughter at weekends and pick her up from school once per week.
I do not want her to have the HPV vaccine now she is in year 8.
Her mum says she can. My daughter was born in 2002, what can I do?
Do I have any legal right?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youWere you ever married to the mother - or has a Parental Responsibility been signed?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare
No. Just engaged for 5 years Nd lived together for two years 2003-2005
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
At present you do not have Parental Responsibility for the child - although even if you did only one Parent needs to agree for the vaccination to go ahead.If you feel strongly about the matter then you can still apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent your ex agreeingto this - and then the Judge will decide.The starting point is to try and discuss this using Family mediationwww.familymediationhelpline.co.ukto discuss the matterI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare