Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

The wording is not to remove child from England and Wales.

Customer Question

The wording is not to remove child from England and Wales. So with letter from partner giving consent as well as him travelling with us. Will I be breaking the law and prevented from taking daughter out of country at airports.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Well technically the court order remains in force. It prohibits you from removing the child. I would from your perspective feel a lot more comfortable to get the order discharged. This can be done by consent. From both you and your partner agreeing in writing and get this signed off urgently by the court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hypothetically speaking would my daughters name be flagged up at airports if we don't get prohibited steps order removed.

And because my daughters father is travelling with us as well as carrying a letter of consent will that be enough to carry with our travels

No it would not. It should be enough but I would always be happier if you both got the courts to resolve the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The court says it is not an urgent matter. They have the letter which my husband and I have written. The lady in admin manager has said that i should have sorted this out sooner and not left it to the last mimute. How can I get courts to take it seriously.

I would escalate it within the court and ask them to put it in front either of a DJ or CJ.