13262538

My wife and I are separated. I work away from home

Customer Question

My wife and I are separated. I work away from home for three weeks then back for three when I have my kids full time. We have already split the proceeds from our house but my wife is pressing for money even though I look after my 3 children full time when I'm home. Can you advise? She has them for 23 days and I have them for 18-19_days depending when I get home.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youHow old are the children and over the course of the average year how many nights do they spend with each of you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would say they will spend around 150 nights per year with me. They are 17, 14, and 12 years old. All boys.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work in the North Sea on a three weeks on three weeks off rota, the only reason I don't have them equal time is my travelling days between jobs. I have tried several times to sit down with my ex to work something out financially but she continues to make life difficult for me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then I am afraid that you are still liable to pay Child Maintenance - and you can work out how much you will need to pay usingthe details herehttp://www.nacsa.co.uk/index.php/cs3-calculationsThere is a substantial discount to reflect the time the children spend with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is another pay for website that doesn't give me the answer I'm looking for. I'm looking for it in black and white, without having to pay anymore money.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The link is to a page that sets out how you calculate the figure Basically you will have to pay 19% of your gross income subject to 2/7th deduction to reflect the time the children spend with you (or 3/7 if the number is ***** a year)If you give me your gross income I will work it out for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gross income is 64000 pa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gross
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then very roughly your liability will be £700 a month is the figure is 150 nights a year - £580 if it is 156 mights or more