Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Can the mother of my son stop him going to my wedding? He will

Customer Question

Can the mother of my son stop him going to my wedding? He will be 6. I am on the birth cert.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Are there currently any court orders in place in relation to whom your son lives / spends time with? How often so you see your son? Are you getting married in the Uk?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No court orders, I see him every other weekend and he stays overnight with him. We have a financial arrangement between us also. I'm from Northern Ireland and wedding might be in Republic of ireland. But I could have wedding in the north if needed
Just to clarify - where are you living now? Where does your son live? When are you planning to get married?
Does your son know and have a good relationship with the bride to be?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in London but travel to n.ireland every two weeks to see him. My Fiancé doesn't have a relationship with my son because my sons mother won't let it happen. My fiancé would love to have a relationship. The wedding is planned for september 2017
Thank you for your response.
If your son was in England and Wales Jurisdiction my advice would have been to make an application to the court for permission to temporary remove your son from the jurisdiction (ie holiday to Southern Ireland for the wedding ).
The legislation is however different in Northern Ireland to England and Wales and I don't know if the position is the same.
I will opt out to see if there is a specialist in NI Law who might be able to assist you.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Hello can I help you?