Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

There, I hope you can help - I've got a bit of an unusual

Hi there,
I hope you can help - I've got a bit of an unusual situation I think. I'm married to the father of my 2 kids (3 & 5yrs) and we live in the same house. however, we no longer have any kind of relationship - we simply cohabit for the sake of the kids. Is it possible to get a legally binding contract drawn up whereby we both agree to our roles and responsibilities/house rules. The house is big enough for us to live separate lives under the same roof, but I want to avoid any disagreements in front of the kids. I think some kind of cohabitation agreement might help here. Is this possible for married couples? Many thanks in advance for your help. Laura Stevens
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
You are both perfectly entitled into entering any agreement or schedule , written or otherwise which sets out your role and indeed responsibilities within the home. You could also speak to Relate to see if they can help with the relationship generally. You do not need a solicitor to draft such an agreement - this could be drafted by you both and then both have copies. Happy to discuss - please rate positive