ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I have been in a relationship +yrs we jointly own a

i have been in a relationship for 20+yrs we jointly own a property which we have lived in for these years what am io entled to if the property is sold
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please can I ask:
- have you legally married?
- do you hold the property as Tenants in Common or as Joint Tenants?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we are not legally married i've had a look at the deeds but can not find any where that states whic form of tennants we are
looking at the propitiatory register it says title abserlute propietor mr david geofrey bevab and miss anne patterson is this what you mean
Thank you for your response.
If you look at the bit that says Title Absolute - if it doesnt include a paragraph to say something like: 'No disposition by a Sole Proprietor of the registered estate' - then you are almost certainly joint tenants.
You can also ask to the original conveyancing solicitor to check their file to make certain.
As a Joint Tenant - the presumption is that you are entitled to 50% of the sale profit proceeds.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.