13262538

Married years with 2 kids. Husband abscorned and stops

Customer Question

Married for 10 years with 2 kids. Husband abscorned and stops paying the morgage for a year.. The bank wants to reposses the property .
I'm the wife but my name isn't on the morgage but I have interest in the property. I also have proof of my contribution on the deposit.
What do I do to stop repossesion and ne a party to the morgage?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youDo you know where your ex is and can you afford the mortgage payments yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can afford the mortgage payment . I have an address of where he stays and his contact number but he isn't responding .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you started making the payments?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since o went to court last month I have made a payment. But the bank is not agreeing to negotiate with me except he contacts them and gives aurhourisation
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately they cannot speak to you without his permission - but if you keep up the payments plus something off the arrears each month you can postpone any action whilst you are resolving the issue.

Are you willing to start divorce proceedings?