Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Not sure if you can. Ive been married years. The marriage

Customer Question

not sure if you can. Ive been married for 29 years. The marriage is over and has been for a while. I dont work i spent my life bringing up two children and looking after them and my husband. I dont know if im entitled to anything or any help if I leave.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
The starting point after such a long marriage will be that you are entitled to at least 50% of all of the assets. The court starts at 50-50 and will work up or down depending on circumstances and need. This will include obviously the house and pensions etc. I would think about seeing a matrimonial finance solicitor. But in answer to your specific question - yes you will. Please remember to rate positive.

I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks