13262538

I was divorced in 2006 and had a court order

Customer Question

hello
I was divorced in 2006 and had a court order for child maintenance, I happily paid the maintenance through the court. A few years later my ex wife asked the CSA to get involved as she thought I should pay more, the CSA took over the case and I went through the whole process again and re agreed a figure which has been recalculated upwards several times. My children are now 18 and 16 the 18 year old is working through a temping agency and has finished her A levels at college, she is applying to University and has a placement in March 2016, my youngest child is 16 has left school and now has an apprenticeship working as a hairdresser, she attends college one day a week, but is fully employed by the salon. consequently I have contacted the CSA to inform them of the status, in my opinion I have just paid Septembers maintenance and I believe that my maintenance is now complete, however my ex wife says that the old court order still applies and I have to continue paying full maintenance until the youngest is 21? who is correct
Thanks in advance
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThe day that the CSA assessment was made it fully replace the Child Maintenance part of the Order.Your ex would have to make a further application if she wishes to resurrect the order - and that is not likely to succeedI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How will I know if she is going to try and resurrect the order?

will I get notification from the court that she is attempting to do this or shall I simply contact the court office myself?

The problem I have, is that I am currently working in South Korea and only travel home every 12 weeks, so I am worried that an application could be made in my absence and I would be totally unaware, only to find a letter upon my return.

I would like to point out that I am not an absent father and have been an integral part of my children's life's and have always paid what was due.

I just need closure from my ex wife's constant demands for money. Hope you understand my plight

Thanks again

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You would have to be given notice - and I suspect she has no idea of the factsThere cannot be a hearing without you being aware of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks that really helps

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome - I hope all goes well