13262538

AFTER 38 YRS MARRIED IM 73 WIFE IS 70 HOW ARE THE FINANCES

Customer Question

AFTER 38 YRS MARRIED IM 73 WIFE IS 70 HOW ARE THE FINANCES DIVIDED I/E STATE PENSIONS/PRIVATE AND CAN SHE FORCE ME TO PUT THE MOBILE HOME ON THE MARKET AS TENANTS IN COMON
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youHow much are the assets worth and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THE HOME IS POS WORTH 90 THOUSAND BUT WE HAVE TO GIVE THE SITE OWNER 10% WHEN WE SELL MY STATE PENSION IS £700 PER MONTH SHE GETS £288 PER MONTH I GET £2700PRIVATE PENSION EACH OCTOBER SHE GETS £84 PER MONTH PRIVATE PENSION FROM CADBURYS

Is the Private pension £2700 a month?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

£ 2700 IS PER YEAR AFTER TAX BEFOR TAX IT WOULD BE£ 3090 ONCE A YEAR

How much would a one bedroom property in the area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

£125000

If she does force a sale where does she intend to live?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SHE THINKS THE COUNCIL WILL RE HOUSE HER I DONT THINK SHE CAN CLAIM ANNY OF MY STATE PENSION IT IS THE PRIVATE PENSION OF £ 2700 PER YEAR I WORRY ABOUTAND WHERE I WOULD END UP

You both have private pensions - but her is worth less than yours which COULD mean that you will have to make a token monthly payment - but instead it is more likely that she will get a slightly larger share of the equity in the mobile nome - say 55% rather than 50%
I am afraid that she can force a sale of the mobile home so that you both have your own capital - and you are both eligible to be rehoused by the council
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT MUCH APPRECIATED

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well