13262538

My wife and i seperated about 6 years ago. We had been married

my wife and i seperated about 6 years ago. We had been married about 36 years. we have not divorced or seperated legally. we sold our house by way of receiving a smaller house and cash. My wife had the house and i had the cash. I also had to leave her with some of that cash for her to live on. although it was meant to be repaid i dont think it will be, it was about 17000 pounds. So my question is really if i make a will leaving my money etc to other people and my wife would that be legal bearing in mind that i legally she is still my wife.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.You are free to leave your estate to anyone you wish to - but it would be sensible to place a letter with your Will setting out your reasons for excluding your ex then if she does try and challenge your Will your reasoning will be clear.This does not apply if you are in Scotland where different laws apply!