Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

On behalf of my fiance, he has in his possession money given

On behalf of my fiance, he has in his possession money given to his boys by members of his family (eg his mother) to spend whilst staying weekends with him, his ex wife has now requested that this money is handed over to her because she says he shouldn't
be in possession of, does she have the right to request for the money to be given to her?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
why does she have this money? is it purely a gift?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She doesn't have this money, my fiance has the money but she is requesting he hands it over
I see but why is your fiancees mother giving him the money? Is it a gift?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it was given to the boys to spend whilst staying the weekend's with their dad on the understanding that the money was kept by my fiance
Then the money is for him to do as he wants with the money - he is not under any obligation to give the money to the children's mother. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that does thanks very much