Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My uncle passed away earlier this year, his wife ( my aunt)

My uncle passed away earlier this year, his wife ( my aunt) is in a care home. He appointed the gardener as executor, is it possible for me to see a copy of the will, as the information on what is happening to my aunts assets is slim. I understand she is currently funded under continuing care funding for her place in the care home, but this is under review and may be withdrawn. If this is the case she will need to declare her finances. Thanks June
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Strictly speaking the executor does not need to show you the will under the have dealt with probate whereupon it becomes a public document. You can of course ask the executor either to see it or for a copy but he is not obligated to provide same. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.