Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

What rights would my aunt have? It doesn't seem correct if

What rights would my aunt have? It doesn't seem correct if she joint home owner
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
can you provide some more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My aunt is in a care home and has been there for the last two years. While she is physically unable to support herself, mentally she is sound. My uncle who passed away in May was house bound towards the end, hence the gardner was one of the few people to see him.(I am not local to them) my aunt has little information as to what is happening to their house and it's contents, and has had little contact with the gardner. I understand that the will was drawn up within the last couple of months of my uncles life, the contents of which are not known to my aunt. I would like to know how I can support her, as her obvious concern is that , thins are happening without her knowledge or input. Not all the contents of the property belonged to my uncle, surly these can not be disposed of?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You replied
03 October 2015 17:34 EST
Edit
The aunt would presumably be the main beneficiary and would in any event have an interest in the property through amongst other grounds marriage - she would have thus a significant interest. I would at this stage as a matter of urgency ask to see a copy of the will and also to speak to the executor with respect to what the will says and who he proposes to advance matters for the benefit of the aunt. If you have concerns then I would instruct a solicitor to write to him to protect the aunt's interests. I would do this straight away. Please rate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would it be of benifit to obtain agreement from my aunt in writing to enable me to act in her interest .? Is there a form document available?
You have given me a negative rating - why is that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you reply to my last question please
I am sorry but as you gave me a negative rating I will opt out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The negative rating was not for the quality of your reply which was helpful. It was the length of time for your reply to come to me. The company say that this is a 24/7 service, but the reply was over 12 hours. I'm sorry you feel the need to opt out . J
I see. But we do not do this 24-7 - we just answer when we can