13262538

I'm a director in my husband's business. We are getting

Customer Question

Hi, I'm a director in my husband's business. We are getting divorced. He wants me to leave the business, but doesn't want to give me any money. Can I get another job but stay as a director in our business?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat work do you actually do in his business?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a retail business. We have 2 shops and an eccommerce website selling surf good, clothes and shoes. Turnover around £600,000 per year.I do the accounts. Book keeping, payroll, returns. Purchase ledgers.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is your role in the business - what work do you do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do the accounts. I do all the book keeping, purchase ledgers, payroll. VAT and returns. I work with our accountant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still haven't had answer... Why???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I have not had an answer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I will send your expert a message about this for you. I think she is probably in court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay - i was unexpectedly in Court for a whole day!There is no reason why you cannot remain as a Director and still have employment elsewhere.It is clear that you have had an active part in the running of the business - and you will have a clear claim on the value of the businesses within the Financial negations I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details