13262538

How do I get my ex husband to move out?

How do I get my ex husband to move out?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Can you provide a little more information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been divorce for over a year now and my ex husband has refuse to move out from our rented flat which I pay for monthly. He pays the utility bills and council tax.
is there any difficulties between the two of you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Financially no!? He also prolonging settlement and doesn't communicate properly about moving or final settlement.
domestic abuse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No domestic? Just verbal disputes
Have the finances been sorted? Why is he still in the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has been prolonging giving me my half of money saved whilst married. He say's he does want to go and rent or to return to live at family.
If you are worried about him because of these arguments you can apply to the court for an occupation order. An occupation order is an order issued by the court which sets out who has the right to stay, return or be excluded from a family home. An occupation order doesn't change the financial shares in a home. It is usually a short-term measure and the length of time that it lasts will depend on your circumstances. In many cases an order will last for 6 or 12 months and some can be renewed.Occupation orders are dealt with by the Family Court and proceedings should be issued in your nearest Family Court. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
HiThank you for your questionIn order to answer this we need a little more information since an Occupation Order may not be a realistic optionIs this a private rental and whose name is ***** ***** Tenancy Agreement?How much are the savings and have you been to Family mediationClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Property is a housing association rental, both our names are ***** ***** tenancy agreement. Savings is about £50k. No medication took place as he sign the divorce papers and marriage is now dissolved. It's been a year he says he's moving and sort out my settlement but still nothing.
Are there any children involved and where did the savings come from?
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years