13262538

There,i just want to know at what age of a child will the

Hi there,i just want to know at what age of a child will the child support payment cease.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.is the payment made via the CSA or under the terms of a Court Order?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Via CSA.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then it will end when the young person ceases secondary education or reaches their 20th birthday - which ever comes firstPlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Then why is the CSA asking me to pay for support even though the person is over 20 yrs old.DoB 18-10-1994.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That would suggest that there are arrears which remain outstandingClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your replies Clare,one last quesion.I don't owe no arrears,so what do i do at this point?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What exactly has happened - have you received a letter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i have received a letter / payment chart for the year 2016.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What doe sit actually say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's demanding a payment for the next twelve months 20150-02016.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What does it say above that
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What does it say above that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How and when you need to pay your child maintenance and then followed by the payment schedule for 2016.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
And it refers to the child by name and date of birth?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it doesn't refer to the child name or date of birth.I only have one child payment to the CSA and i'm sure the letter is in relation to the child on their record.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Your faith in the CSA is touching - personally I assume an overall level of incompetence and I have never been disappointedThere are three possibilities1. They have written to you when they should have written to some one else2. They have a record of arrears that you are not aware of3. IncompetenceWhichever it is your next step is to WRITE (always write) to the CSA and ask for an explanationI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Clare,i'll write to CSA and see what happens,most pleased with your service.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome - I hope it resolves well