13262538

I have been granted permission to divorce my husband by cross-petittion and I have applied

Customer Question

i have been granted permission to divorce my husband by cross-petittion and I have applied for decree nisi. He stopped paying my son's private school fees in january and owes money to the school. can I apply for school fees order and order for him to pay the outstanding fees to me so i could pay it to the school? The headmaster is asking me for it as he causes so much problem with the school and an unacceptable behaviour towards the headmaster. He has also written to the school that he is terminating his contract with the school I tried to speak with him regarding this he said he stopped paying because i upset him. I believe he did because my son refuses to make contact with him. My son does not contact him becuase of is violent past. Or do I have to do this through financial settlement which may take longer. I need to pay now.
HiThank you for your questionYou can make a separate application for School fees to be paid using the Children Act - although dealing with it as part of the financial settlement might be just as effectiveClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what about the outstanding fees? can I ask for this paid in full as lumpsum under the same act? Can it be paid to me to stop him with his unaceptable behaviour to protect my son embarrasement?

Yes you can ask for arrears to be paid - but you cannot insist that they are paid to you rather than directly to the school I am afraidClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for this. Can I ask him to pay the legal cost associated with this financial application?

YOU can ask - but it is unlikely that it will be ordered I am afraid