13262538

I have two adult sons from a previous marriage and

I have two adult sons from a previous marriage and one adopted son together with my second (current) husband. These men are all in their 40's. If my husband leaves equal shares to the three boys (assuming I die first) in his Will, is this legal or could the adopted son contest the Will as the other two never were adopted by my husband?
Sincerely,
Susan Kirschner
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you Which part of the Uk are you in and do you believe that there is a real risk involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in Buckinghamshire. My husband is Austrian and there the adopted son may contest the Will claiming 50%. I wondered if the law was similar here. We are updating our Wills on account of having sold the house and downsizing to an apartment plus our Executor has emmigratef to Australia so we want to appoint someone else. Regards, Susan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there? Did you get me reply?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delayIn England and Wales you are entitled to leave your property to whoever you wish - but you do need to make provision for anyone who is financially dependent on you.On that basis there are no grounds on which your son could contest the provisionI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. That is exactly what I wantef to hear.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome