13262538

I would like some advice on divorce and where I stand please? I'm disabled w

Customer Question

Hello, I would like some advice on divorce and where I stand please?
I'm disabled with a long term chronic illness called Lupus which my husband knew about when we met 23 yrs ago. Since my Mum died 6 yrs ago, he has been made redundant, became self employed. Other factors include lack of sex and mental abuse which I've only just recognised has been going on for years. He knows that when he drinks wine it he becomes more abusive. Anyway, he has been talking about moving out to his mums house and I've always stopped him and pleaded with him not to. I've finally had enough. Can he force a sale on our house which is in joint names on the mortgage? I have nowhere to go. Please feel free to ask me what you want to know. Many thanks, Fiona
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow much is the house worth and how much is outstanding in the mortgage?What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Clare,
We bought our house in 2000 for 67k and now worth 160k (I had put 10k of my inheritance down at the time and there is 18k outstanding. There are no children. Two old cars and an overdraft of 2k. At the moment, no work for my husband is booked in...he is a carpet cleaner on less than 10k a yr and I am disabled on DLA and severe disablement allowance. The dog is mine.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much would a suitable one bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A one bed property would cost around £120k.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How old are you both?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 42, my husband is 46
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you looked at shared home ownership properties?