13262538

My Ex Partner has informed me my daughter has been diagnosed

My Ex Partner has informed me my daughter has been diagnosed with ADD and is going to begin medicating her which I do not agree with.
I was not involved in any of the consultations and have not been kept informed of what was going on.
I have Parental Responsibility.
Can I stop her beginning the treatment?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to my best to help you but I need some further information fistHow old is the child and who has made the diagnosisWhat is your concern about the treatment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,My Daughter is 8 years old.
Not entirely sure who made the Diagnosis, I think her school was involved but my ex started this off as some of her family suffer from ADHD.
My Daughter behaves like any normal child of her age, and all my Friends and family cannot believe that they have come up with ADD. I have her Every other weekend & for two one week Blocks, her Grandparents also have her regularly and for a week block and they have seen no issues with any of here behaviour.
I have researched the symptoms of ADD and my daughter displays none of them, and I am not comfortable with my daughter being drugged up during the day and given sleeping tablets at night.
I can understand your concerns.Do you know who her doctor is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Her Doctors surgery was at Bradley Stoke, I have sent them a letter requesting information but I don't know her Doctors name at the moment. They recently moved to Wales so her Doctor will be changing.I have asked my ex but she is not very forthcoming!
Email them a copy of her Birth certificate and your passport and ask them to confirm where her records have been sentDo the same to the new doctor and then phone and ask for details of the diagnosisYou can apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order preventing her being medicated until you have full details - but you do need to take active steps to be involved with her health care first.Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a copy of her Birth certificate, do I definitely need it? If so I believe I can get a copy from the Register office.
Yes you need o prove you are named as her father and yes you can get a copy