13262538

I am hoping that my ex-husband and I can agree our financial

I am hoping that my ex-husband and I can agree our financial affairs using a mediator. I am therefore unsure whether I should ask for a "financial order" in the divorce petition. Am I right in my belief that it can all be arranged through a mediator and then the agreement is made legal in a one off court appearance? Should I therefore be ticking the boxes for periodic payment orders, property adjustment orders etc, or will this mean it all has to be agreed in court?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYou should tick all the boxes. It doe snot mean that the Court HAS to be involved with the finances - but it will make it easier to file a Consent Order if you are able to agree oneI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare