13262538

My daughter is 6, her real dad who is on her birth certificate

My daughter is 6, her real dad who is on her birth certificate has been absent from her life for over 4 years. Never paid any money towards her. He burguled our home in 2012 and was charged with the offence there was also a restraining order issued to protect myself and my daughter for 2 years. I suffered domestic violence within the relationship to which I had to be moved home and safety was installed I was even issued a police phone.
I am and have been in a new relationship for over 3 years with a 2nd child together.
My question is my 6 yr old has her real dads surname can I still take my child abroad on holiday?
Does her real dad still have Parental Responsibility now?
How and when does he loose his PR?
Can I change my daughters name as I am soon to be married to the man that has brought her up?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that the biological father will retain Parental Responsibility - unless it is removed by the Court which is only done under the most extreme of circumstances (think abuse)I am afraid that technically you do need his permission to take the child abroad - although this is not likely to be challenged if it is only for a holiday and you cannot change her name without the agreement of the biological father or an Order from the CourtI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details