13262538

What would our best option to all be under the same surname?

Customer Question

what would our best option to all be under the same surname?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been made aware from all this from something that has been brought in since February 2015 on the direct.gov website is this all correct needing others with PR agreement to take a child abroad but it doesn't seem right?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThe only options for you to have the same surname are a Court Order or AdoptionIn terms of taking the child abroad whilst technically yes you do need permission the Authorities will only take action if in fact the father makes an applictaion to alert them not likely in your caseClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you advise to get a court order to change her name to mine then once married change it again am so confused sorry and thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

There is no guarantee that the Court will grant this - so I suggest that you wait until after the marriage - there is no problem in her having a different names to yours when you travel