13262538

Clare, went to see a new solicitor regarding the case to

Customer Question

Hi Clare, went to see a new solicitor regarding the case to oppose the adoption application.
She advised me I do have scope. What does scope mean?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiIt means that you have some arguments that you can make to try and reverse the decisionClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I have been advised to complete all the courses Parenting, freedom programme, CBT workshop.
Divorce is done. I need to stay focus and continue with the positive changes.
I will be my best. That's all I can do hope for the best. I got few months hearing in January.
I need to maintain my health and well being.
Lots of courses for me to do over the coming months
Main thing is showing an insight. I have a goal to aim. My solicitor is impressed with me I am proactive doing every thing I can to get my two youngest boys back to my care
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Good - you have worked hard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, but I have to continue with what i am doing till the final hearing in January.
My solicitor a couple of barristers in area of Birmigham. They have good expertise in neglect, domestic violence, accidental non accidental injuries.
Divorce.
She has given few options to choose.
She will arrange conference in a few weeks time. My solicitor she they will do the best to achieve what we want the return of my boys.
I have chosen a good firm of family solicitor
Are you Impresssed what I have manage to do in this short space of time?
I am doing all I can to stop my boys to be adopted
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
As you know I have always known you could do it!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, for the past 2.5 years we have interacted over all my issues have you noticed positive changes?
I think February was wrong time now is better time to challenge this. All happens at right time
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes i have seen changes - you are calmer and have more insight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, exactly the Insight is my weakness, I have to focus on this more deeper. Which I will continue to concerntrate. Also the ongoin courses and positive changes.
And demonstrate to the LA and court my two children will be safe and well cared by me and I will give them good future.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes you are starting to understand what you need to do - well done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, do you believe in I will achieve all what I have plan to do courses etc? You have noticed my motivation and being proactive
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am pleased to see how positive you are about the future love
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I just hope and pray all the hard work pays off. Atleast if I can be reassessed another parenting assessment to be considered.
Atleast I can give it my best.
The finances will be sorted it's with the court. Now I just need to concerntrate on myself and my well being and the courses
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is the way forward
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, do you think I am in better situation now then I was in Feb 15? When I withdrawn my application?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is a more difficult question - but hopefully yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, if ex does not pay by the hearing what action can we take next?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Only your solicitor who has full details can assess that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I am not feelin stressed at all this week.
I am not letting ex get to me. I have others things to keep me busy.
Nothing I can do until the hearing it's only few weeks away
If he pays before the hearing them all well if not I will take him all the way. Request for court cost.
I think ex has had long time to pay. Ex husband's solicitor not providing the solicitors conveyancing information.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to hear this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, do think ex will pay before the 6/11/15 hearing?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is hard to tell - but I hope so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, what is cognitive behaviour therapy?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is a form of psychotherapy designed to help you divert your mind when you identify the triggers of your depression
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, how will this help to seek my children back? IRO was very prejudice towards me the adopters are wealthy, loving, caring, sympathies. That they can give my children good child hood.
I can give them all this plus natural mother love.
I really didn't like his comments. How can I deal with all this?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is about helping you maintain your change even under stress.You know what the issues are and you have ideas about how to approach them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare was the IRO right in saying what he said? It's really unfair
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry Asma - he is entitled to his views based on his reading of the case - just as you are entitled to yours!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, i still think it was unfair comment he made. But if I can demonstrate suffient Change to my life. I am complete changed mother. To what I was 2.5 years back.
They just want to make sure they keep my children. I think they are just selling my children to wealthy couple.
Also is being wealthy can this make me a good mother?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do NOT express that view to anyone else - there is no money involved - it costs Social Services to organise an adoption.I do understand why you feel as you do - but you must accept that there are reasons why he feels that way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, with all the changes I have made why can I be an option now to be given another chance to care for my two children?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You can be an option - but not everyone will agree
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, only the LA, Cafcass will not agree. We have to put our to the judge for them to reconsider. I still think I should be given another chance to demonstrate the changes I have made. Changed my life around.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You know I agree!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my solicitor has given date when the money should be paid by next Thursday if he doesn't the hearing should go ahead because the barrister been booked he may charge me.
Also we will claim for cost.
Also she will put to the court that ex is not allow to sell the house. Ex and his solicitor and estate agent will be in breach the order they get be prosecuted. He will be in deep trouble
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
She is definitely on top of the matter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, she is I am lucky to have good solicitor like her. I believe he won't pay by the hearing date. So my view is the hearing to go ahead. Even if money is made at the last minute we will seek costs. Because my barrister will still charge me for the day. It's not fair on me I need to pay.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes you need to claim costs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I think ex will pay. Because hearing is Comin near he just might.
We have to wait and see.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I certainly hope he pays
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, if he doesn't he will be in big trouble.
We will claim for costs
Asma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, does cognitive behaviour therapy cure depression?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No it doe snot cure it - but it help you re programme your mind to avoid trigger factors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my trigger was ex husband being abusive and all my children being removed from care. Plus looking after children with additional needs.
The triggers are still there the unfairness of ex doing with the propeties and the LA not allowing contact with my 5 children
That's more than enough my triggers
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It will help you avoid dwelling on them and chang eyour mind set
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my solicitor who's dealing my finances. She might be able to take on my case but the firm
Will charge me. She's does not do legal aid.
I don't know if I can afford to pay. What's your advice?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If you cannot afford it then there is no choice I am afraid - you cannot do it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, would I be eligible for legal aid? At this stage?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
For the Care element then yes you may be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my solicitor says that ex will not be able to claim costs against me because 1. He did not pay on time 09/10/15. 2. Judge has given me until end of October to make application.
We had to make the application.
Ex is in no win situation.
What do you think?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I agree completely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, with contact with my son when he returns to his father. Could I continue having contact with my son on a safe environment but not in my home or area I live.
Because I am putting safe guarding in place to demonstrate to court and to LA because I am making changes in trying to seek my two children to my care.
Is this good safe guarding plan?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is very wise.Arrange to spend the time with your son in a place well away from your home
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I am starting literacy and numeracy courses. Also parenting course, DV awareness course. Body and mind therapy.
I am very busy over the few months
CBT course will start soon.
I really don't know what else to do. I will be offered volunteering work too.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are doing well - just keep at it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, if I continue I am enjoying and benefiting from all this. Would I hopefully have a chance for my two boys in January?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It will certainly help your case
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I just hope hard work pays off!
I am working with my whole heart and soul to give my sons a new start in life.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I hope it does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my marriage has a marriage proposal for me. my family are saying for me to meet him get to know him.
What do you think shall I focus on what I am doing and leave marriage proposal?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How about doing what YOU want!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I want to do what I want is to focus on what I am doing for myself and my all children.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then that is what you do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, CBT and depression and anxiety management are they two different things?
Asma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, waiting for your response to my last question
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
They are linked but not necessarily the same - there are many different approaches
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I started the introductory parenting programme. It's for 7 weeks the course will be benefit me particularly ages of my two youngest boys 7and 5 years old. I am looking forward to the course.
I might be offered the next course Aftr I completed th postive parenting programme.
I am feeling a lot more motivated. DV awareness course too
I will be busy over the next few months
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Excellent - all of it positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, what other changes can I make?
I am doing all I can Clare. January will come really quick.
It's going to go quick.
I seem to have more motivation since I have had notification.
I feel more motivated and focus.
I am also looking at negative too. I have to take good care of myself we are hoping my application to be successful so I can be reconsidered.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are doing everything you can - well done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, would the SCR show a change in circumstances? Social worker says they just want letter box contact with my older daughter. This is not good enough. Do you think yeh LA being fair of no direct contact with my daugher?
Asma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, sorry I am wait for your reply
Asma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, are you online?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That does seem extreme - and would be worth challenging
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, sorry I don't fully understand the answer if you don't mind explaining clearly
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Going to Letter Box contact does seem a very extreme restriction - so you should challenge it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, yes you are right. I will via my solicitor. Also serious case review will this be a change of my circumstance when I do my statement of opposing the adoption application?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The serious case review has been completed - do you mean something else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, can I use the SCR to argue that also the LA failed to protect my children? SCR was done after the PO was granted in Sep 2013.
Would this help with my current application?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It will not help your applictaion at all - it will hinder it as it is very critical of you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, so I should not mention at all SCR at all in the application?
Just my current changes I have made and shown insight Whre it went wrong?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, my Mckenzie advocate advised the SCR will show that the LA also failed to protect the children. It might help my case. You don't think that's the right approach?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were seeing another solicitorNo I do not think drawing attention to the SCR will help your case - in fact the opposite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I am bit confused in how to put my statement together where should I from. What would be your advise?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Will the MacKenzie friend not do this for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, it's going to come from me. My own words. But I think she wants to add SCR in the statement.
I don't knw Whre to start.
Asma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, sorry I was waiting for your reply
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What experience does this person actually have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, the Mckensie friend?
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, she specialise adoption. She supports parents and assist with preparing skeleton arguments. She also does court of appeal. She has had 3/4 permissions.
She's an advocate
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What are her qualifications?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, her name is***** advocate in Uk domestic law family law. Justice for Families. Her Back ground is teaching, performing and conducting.
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You need to read the SCR again and base your Statement on everything you have done to address the criticisms in it and all the change that you have initiated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, thank you that's a great idea. The hearing will go ahead on the 06/11/15 regarding the property matter. Because ex hasn't paid his solicitor has not done the undertaking yet it could take few more weeks. My solicitor has written position statement to the court what we would like to happen.
Ex will be in more trouble we asked for costs
Asma
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Well done