13262538

My sister has brought up her daughter years on her own

Customer Question

My sister has brought up her daughter for 7 years on her own although has a partner not the child's dad but is very good with her, her father has not paid any maintenance ever and had hardly seen her, but threatens my sister with what he wants and when he wants to see his child which she has always agreed to but he doesn't keep to, his mother sees her frequently but seems now that she has been spying for her son as he is now threatening for full custody for the cold. He has parental responsibility but has not done hardly anything for 7 years for her. What should my sister do now as she is scared she will loose her daughter as her ex's father has money and seemed to get custody for his other son
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow often has he seen the child in the last six months and on what basis does he know think that he should have her care?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No more than four times
So why does he think the court would support a move?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure, because she has someone who has been there for her who now ha a daughter with my sister also with the same man who has brought up Lois and his mother who my
Sister has always let her see, now they are together trying to get Lois, all I see is because my sister does all she does for the girls but her house is sometimes messy as the war she lets all live, but clean the two girls play and do what they want wherever around the flat, but think it comes down to money as both our parents have died and dawn, my sister got left worth some money that he is using that as bait and threatening with the police and social, forgetting when he was with her she was claiming as single parent although with him as she was scared of him as he was a drinker and she lost a child as her beat her, but nothing on file

Please tell her not to worry.

Unless the child is at risk in her home - which clearly she is not - there is no chance of the child being removed form her care.

These threats are designed to scare her - the priority for the court is the needs of the child - not those of the father

She should tell her ex that it is time that a regular pattern of contact is agreed and that she wishes to discuss matter suing Family mediation

www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk

If he refuses then she shoudl offer a regular pattern of contact - say alternate sundays - and make it plain that other than those times the child will not be available.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details