Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My mother died 13 years ago, leaving a will saying when my

Customer Question

My mother died 13 years ago, leaving a will saying when my father died the house was to be sold and the money split between the six children. One of my sisters said she wanted to buy the house we all agreed. However she has give my siblings there money but has withheld mine. Can you please advise were I stand with this.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Do you know why?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No we have never got on. So no reason
Well if your sister is the executor of the will and the will clearly stipulated that you were entitled to your share then that stands. It is not for her to withhold your money. I would be minded to get a solicitor to write a letter threatening legal action unless she settled the estate within say 14 or 28 days - there would appear to be no good reason as to why she has not done this, Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My dad is still alive and lives in the house so not sure where this leaves me legally?
I am happy to answer this additional question but please rate positive for the original answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
????
Thank you. Did you Father have an interest in the property and has your sister bought the property now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My dad still lives in the house and as far as I am aware nothing has been signed
Has she bought it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has not got anyone yo sign anything as far as I am aware
You originally stated that the will allowed him to live in the property. You have no proof that the property has been sold. As such the power to pay the siblings has not been realised - it will not be until your father passes.