13262538

I was divorced Aug 2007 due to my husband committing adultery,

I was divorced Aug 2007 due to my husband committing adultery, my husband declared he did not intend staying with the woman so the judge ruled he could keep his 375000 pound pension 4 cars and I was ordered to pay him 45000 ponds as his pension was not a saleable asset. I kept the family home valued at 245000. The mistresses assets were not taken into account based on my husband stating no further relationship with this woman. I found out at a later date that they had purchased a house together before our divorce was settled, do iI have rights to reopen the divorce.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow long has you been married and what was the extent of the capital assets
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Married 32yrs house valued at 245000.00 husbands police pension 375000.00, 4 cars valued at 15000.00, artwork valued 1500.00. Everything went to husband except family home +he received 45000.00 from me
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any pension provision of your own?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a deferred pension worth 1200.00 pounds payable 2017, which the judge discounted? The reason the pension was deferred was because my husband said I didn't need it as we would have his pension for us both and the money would be better spent on home
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the property he did not declare worth?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure as the property belonged to his now wife. She sold her property, when they bought the other property in 2007, she also had a police pension which she cashed in. Am I wrong to believe I received the sticky end of the stick, after 32yrs of marriage working through out, I now struggle to get by whilst they own a detached property plus 2 luxury cars and 3 holidays a year.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did you ask for a pension sharing order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but the police solicitor tied that up so that I wasn't able to make a claim. If he had been honest about his relationship in his deposition surely her assets should have been taken into consideration. I also found it difficult to have the divorce heard as my husband new all 4 judges due to him being a police officer. I was not allowed to speak in court.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Which part of the Uk are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Newcastle upon Tyne, north Tyne and wear.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did you have legal advice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, my solicitor came up against some issues with my husbands solicitor such as being accused of not responding to questions asked and even not being informed of court hearings that they had requested , we found out about that from my daughter who told me that her dad was going to court the next day. They were not pleased when my solicitor turned up. The judge at the final hearing advised that I should accept the offer from my husband rather than take it to high court which would cost me 10,000.00 pounds and run the risk of losing everything. At this point I felt too ill to fight on. There is a saying in Northumbria police that no spouse wins when up against the force solicitor as they are brutal, I found that out at my cost.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The problem is that in fact his partner's assets would NOT have been taken into account even if he had been honest.The only issue that would have been relevant was the property he purchased with herTHAT is the asset that you need to investigate and which could lead to matters being reopened if there was a reasonable equity in itI hope that this is of assistancePlease ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Claire
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome - I just wish I could have given you better news