Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have been told by my ex-husband that he will be stopping

I have been told by my ex-husband that he will be stopping my £280 month maintenance at Xmas because he has been made redundant I have 2 boys aged 18&16 both are still in full time education , our payment plan was made on a voluntary basis over 10 years ago. The woman who was his partner with her own 3 children has left him and his sons do not spend any time living with him I have also been made redundant and I am finding things a bit tough.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Under a voluntary arrangement you would normally have to either instigate court proceedings or make an application to CMS. The fact is that if he no longer has any or much money coming in then clearly it is going to be very difficult for him to make much of a payment - you can of course seek proof of the redundancy - but your options are going to be somewhat limited. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive